27.8.10

kat tales: beauty book club


Everyone knows Mama Kat
loves to read.
Sophomore year of college my roommate/bestie Erin
gave me my first beauty book as a birthday gift.
I was pre-med but destined to be a fashionista.
For example, I was taking biology and physiology by day
and moonlighting at Victoria's Secret by night.
Since that first book I have been somewhat of a collector.

Fast forward to yesterday.........
it was my day off...
me, the kids, the hubby, and the exchange student........
headed for Newport Beach...
and I bring my trusty beauty book favorite:

Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin
I have this book memorized and consider it the Bible of makeup.
If you love makeup or just want to learn more
you gotta get this book!

Kevyn Aucoin was the most talented makeup artist of all time.
He teaches you basic makeup fundamentals
and gives away all his secret tricks.
Not only is this a great "How To" book,
Kevyn also talks about how important it is to
be an individual,
think outside the "norms",
and to OWN the beauty that you already are.



My favorite part are his celebrity look alike makeovers.
They are amazing
and I wanna try each look for myself.
This book is on my nightstand next to
 The Mockingjay
and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

All considered must reads.

No comments: