13.7.11

mom stink: mom jeans


Maybe it's too early for this post
since we are all only dreaming of cooler weather,
but I couldn't resist.
Bad jeans are serious mom stink!
It's hard today to find a decent pair of jeans
that are HOT mom approved.
They are either so skinny that you have to
break out your Astroglide to get them on
or they are torn to shreds and only come in size 0-4.

Mama Kat to the rescue.
I'm going to share my favorite jeans
that fit a HOT mom's womanly figure.
Many of us have given up on the jean hunt
and surrendered to the Target or New York and Co's
semi mom jeans that don't really fit or flatter.

Ideally you want a jean that fits appropriately
and has a modern cut and color.
Anything lighter than indigo is OUT,
unless of course its a color like gray, white, black or RED.
Many times woman buy a pair of jeans
with a juvenile cut or that are overly trendy
 in order to avoid looking older
or like they are wearing mom jeans.

My advice....
check out some of these jeans
try them on
save up to invest in them
and you will love your jeans every time you put them on
AND you can wash away some of that unwanted mom stink!

Skinny Jeans


These jeans are made by Kut from the Kloth.
I LOVE these jeans, especially the Audrey,
for a "skinny jean" for a woman's body.
The denim is premium,
the rise is perfection,
and the quality is amazing!
Even YOU can wear this white "skinny jean"!

Bootcut Jeans


I can't talk about jeans with out mentioning Joe's Jeans.
My favorite brand, and my favorite cut is the Honey cut.
Perfect for the ladies who pack a little junk in the trunk!
They have a lower rise and a longer inseam.
I wear a 35-36 inseam and love the length!!!

High Rise Flare


Two pairs of jeans I love at the Gap
that fit into the high waist flare category
and the Perfect Bootcut (right)
I love both so much I couldn't choose,
and well since it's my blog....
both jeans have a great flare leg
and the inseam isn't so low as to
give you a muffin top.

Plus Size

You can find these DKNY jean jeggings at
 Lane Bryant for around $79.
The fit is adorable and comfortable.
Perfectly on trend and a great way to sport a jegging
if you are a size 14 and up.

Universal Flattering Fit





Old Navy's Diva fit is a one-cut-fits-all type.
I would call it a slim fit not really a skinny fit.
Here Elisabeth Hasselbeck wore them on the view.
Best part is that they are $29.50!
I saw them in gray too and they were adorable!!
(ps. I also love the Sweatheart cut)


For a good laugh:

Now go wash off that mom stink!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE the picture that you included at the top of this post! If I could look like that, all I'd ever wear would be mom jeans. ;)

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

This is such a cool post, I love it. SO full of ideas.