25.8.10

kat eyes: the red lip

Hair by Dianna Lopez
Makeup by Kat Kirk
red lips
are one of my very favorite accessories.
and
with the right shade
anyone can pull off a crimson pout.

How to apply:
1-when applying foundation apply over lips.
2- line with coordinating lip liner.
3-fill in with lipstick.
4- trace outside of lips with a foundation brush using foundation or concealer.
5- add clear gloss only on center of bottom lip and upper lip clefts.

It's important to exfoliate
the lips prior to application.
I simply scrub my lips with a wet washcloth.
After you exfoliate MOISTURIZE
your lips before you start applying your makeup.
Then simply wipe off access lip balm
before you apply the foundation.

I moisturize with:
CO Bigelow Menta Lip Gloss $7.50
Its Organic!


















I also love:
Hope in a Tube by Philosophy $33
AND you can use it on your eyes!
























Some of my favorite REDS for the perfect pucker:

Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Lady Danger by MAC
Gabrielle by Chanel
Fire and Ice by Revlon
Jungle Red by NARS
Really Red by Covergirl
Rich Red by Estee Lauder

Please leave your questions in the comments. 
I'd love to help you find the perfect color for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think red looks so good on YOU. I love red but honestly have only used it a few times. It's scary for me. :)

Ms. Dottie said...

Kat I never thought I could wear a red lip until that night at your house. I found one that I really like it's called Gothic. It's from Revlon Just Bitten it's really good. You would have been proud of my outfit it was channeling your red outfit!